G Lens, Macro Versatility
Get up close and personal with the 1:1 magnification ratio of the full-frame compatible Sony FE 90mm f/2.8 Macro G OSS Lens. As a G series lens, it perfectly balances sharpness and bokeh and, as a macro lens, close and controlled focusing performance is prioritized with advanced AF and intuitive handling.
- True macro design affords a life-size, 1:1 magnification ratio along with an 11″ minimum focusing distance for working with close-up subjects.
- Focusing distance and magnification scale is printed on top of the lens to aid in more technical applications.
- Focus range limiter switch allows you constrain the usable focus range between 11-19.7″, 19.7″-infinity, or full.
- This lens’ focusing ring can be slid forwards and backwards to quickly shift between manual to autofocus modes.
- Internal focusing design maintains the overall lens length during use, benefitting focus accuracy and ease of use when working distance is a concern.
G Series Optical Design
- Two extra-low dispersion elements, including one Super ED element, are featured in the lens design to reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing for improved clarity and color neutrality.
- One aspherical element helps reduce astigmatism, field curvature, coma, and other monochromatic aberrations.
- Nano AR Coating has been applied to reduce surface reflections, flare, and ghosting for increased contrast and color rendering in strong lighting conditions.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality when employing selective focus techniques.
Autofocus and Image Stabilization
- Direct Drive SSM system, along with the internal focusing design, promotes responsive and precise autofocus performance that’s also quiet to suit video recording applications.
- Focus hold button permits manually stopping the autofocus at a specified point or the button can also be customized to control a variety of other assignable functions.
- Optical SteadyShot image stabilization helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake for sharper imagery when shooting handheld with slower shutter speeds. This stabilization system can also be combined with select camera’s sensor-shift type image stabilization for more effective control of camera blur.